Job Description - 2024 Spring Associate-Law Clerk - Fully Remote (2303755) Job Description 2024 Spring Associate-Law Clerk - Fully Remote
Raymond James Overview
One of the largest independent financial services firms in the country could be the place you build a career beyond your expectations.
Our focus is on providing trusted advice and tailored, sophisticated strategies for individuals and institutions. Raymond James Financial is a diversified holding company, headquartered in St. Petersburg, FL. Raymond James provides financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management.
At Raymond James, we are putting the power of perspectives into action and building an inclusive and diverse workforce that reflects our commitment to associates, and clients of the future. Our company values associate development and growth, offering opportunities through developmental programs, mentorships, and continuing education options.
We strive to ensure everyone feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard so that you can fully contribute your unique talents for the benefit of clients, your career, our firm and our communities. Raymond James is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs.
Raymond James Legal is committed to providing legal advice that supports the Firm’s business objectives while adhering to our core values of Client First, Conservatism, Independence, and Integrity. The Legal department’s primary mission is to: (i) provide advice that supports business unit efforts to pro-actively manage and mitigate litigation and regulatory risk; (ii) oversee litigation and regulatory enforcement matters; and (iii) assist in the execution of business transactions.
Raymond James is seeking a part-time spring semester Law Clerk. Under general supervision, the Law Clerk uses skills gained through education, training, and or experience to assist with specific legal research projects within an assigned functional area of the legal department (functional areas span litigation/arbitration, regulatory, and transactional practices). Follows established legal department procedures and receives general guidance and direction to perform each research tasks with varied complexity. Some judgment required to adapt procedures, processes, and techniques.
This is a temporary role.
Work Schedule: Part-time; Spring Semester; Monday through Friday, up to 20 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in-house counsel and members of the legal department in conducting legal research.
- May conduct or update 50 state surveys.
- Perform legal research utilizing both written and electronic sources.
- Prepare legal memos.
- Gather and compile facts and relevant case information.
- Review legal agreements.
- Operate standard office equipment and use required software applications.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a professional office environment.
- Basic concepts, principles, and practices of an assigned business unit.
- Operating standard office equipment and using, or have the ability to learn, required software applications.
- Ability to learn and use legal software i.e., Westlaw, Bloomberg, etc.
- Operating standard office equipment
- Strong research skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain professional discretion and strict privacy and confidentiality.
- Read, comprehend, and apply legal information.
- Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Communicate effectively.
- Utilize established procedures, processes, and checklists.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements
- Currently pursuing a Juris Doctor or Master of Laws degree.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- None required.
Fully Remote Position
- No travel required.